The governing body of Ryecroft Academy has 6 Interim Executive Board (IEB) governors and one Clerk to the IEB. A list of governors is below.
What is an Interim Executive Board?
An Interim Executive Board (IEB) is a small body appointed on a short-term basis to turn around a school that is judged to be in urgent need of improvement. An IEB replaces the governing body of a school that has either been placed in special measures or given notice to improve by Ofsted. The IEB's main functions are to secure a sound basis for future improvement in the school and promote high standards of educational achievement.
The IEB takes on all the responsibilities of a governing body including the management of the budget, the curriculum, staffing, pay and performance management and if appropriate the appointment of senior leaders if vacancies occur during the time the IEB is in operation.
||Clerk to IEB
|Adrian Guy||Chair of Interim Executive Board
||Leadership and Management
Achievement and Standards
|Yasmin Umarji||IEB Governor
||Teaching, Learning and Assessment
|Mohammed Khan||IEB Governor
||Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare (linked to attendance/behaviour and safeguarding|
|Hilary Finnegan||IEB Governor
||Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare (linked to attendance/behaviour and safeguarding
|Admir Hallilovic||IEB Governor||Achievement and Standards|
|Muhammad Kaleem Awan||IEB Governor||Finance|
We are all volunteers who wish to make a positive contribution to the school and the education of all its children.
There are three core strategic functions of governing bodies:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the principal to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the academy and making sure its money is well spent.
As governors we understand that evidence suggests that governors that carry out their role well do so by:
- understanding their strategic role - building a productive and supportive relationship with the principal while holding them to account for school performance and taking hard decisions in the light of objective data;
- ensuring governors have the necessary skills and commitment, including to challenge the school to bring about improvement and hold leaders to account for performance;
- appointing an effective chair to lead and manage the governing board
- appointing a high quality clerk to advise them on the nature of their functions and duties and who ensures that that governing board operates efficiently and effectively;
- evaluating their performance regularly in the light of expectations and other good practice and making changes as necessary to improve their effectiveness; and
- governing more than one school to develop a more strategic perspective and create a more robust accountability through the ability to compare and contrast across schools.
As governors we acknowledge we have responsibility for ensuring that Ryecroft Primary Academy within Northern Education Trust has an effective and appropriate system of control, financial and otherwise. The governing body's overriding responsibility is to work in partnership with the Principal, to promote the continuous improvement in the performance of the school. We play an important part in raising school standards through our three key roles of setting strategic direction, ensuring accountability and monitoring and evaluating school performance.
The governing body of Ryecroft Academy seeks to reflect fully the population of the school and welcomes members from all sections of our community.
The agendas and minutes of our meetings are made available to the local authority and are at the school for anyone to read via the school office. We do, however, maintain the right to confidentiality where appropriate. Non governors may attend meetings at the invitation of the governing body.
If you would like to contact the Governors for any reason, please address your letter to the chair of governors, and leave it for them at the school office.
If you want to contact our Chair of Governors please send a letter to the school and we will ensure it is passed on.
Mr Adrian Guy
c/o Ryecroft Primary Academy